Our brothers at the Nick Maclean Quartet are today’s featured ‘Download of the Day’ on AllAboutJazz.com! So make sure to CLICK HERE for a FREE DOWNLOAD of the 8th track of their album – Elasticity of Time and Space – a time-warping exploration of jazz and hip hop!
Alayne McGregor at OttawaJazzScene.ca wrote a fantastic review about our recent Ottawa performance! Make sure to read it here. Also a huge thanks to Brett Delmage for taking some truely stunning photos of the event!
You can also read the article Alayne wrote earlier that week after interviewing our bandleader Nick Maclean. Nick talks about us, his synth rig, his other group the Nick Maclean Quartet, Browntasauras Records, and a whole host of other things!
This Saturday our band leader Nick Maclean pays tribute to one of the greatest piano players in jazz history! They’re taking a look at some early Herbie, his Blue note years and then digging into some of the electric stuff from the Mwandishi albums and his Headhunter years! If you want to get on the advance list (tickets are $5 cheaper!) make sure you email email@example.com!
Nick Maclean – Piano
Brownman Ali – Trumpet
Jesse Dietschi – Bass
Tyler Goertzen – Drums
– Driftin (Takin’ Off – 1962)
– The Maze (Takin’ Off – 1962)
– And What If I don’t (My Point Of View – 1963)
– Eye Of the Hurricane (Maiden Voyage – 1965)
– Maiden Voyage (Maiden Voyage – 1965)
– Lil One (Maiden Voyage – 1965)
– Dolphin Dance (Maiden Voyage – 1965)
– Oliloqui Valley (Empyrean Isles – 1964)
– One Finger Snap (Empyrean Isles – 1964)
– Cantaloupe Island (Empyrean Isles – 1964)
– The Sorcerer (Speak Like a Child – 1968)
– Tell Me A Bedtime Story (Fat Albert Rotunda – 1969)
– Watermelon Man (Takin’ Off – 1962, Head Hunters – ‘73)
– Chameleon (Head Hunters – 1973)
– Butterfly (Thrust – 1974)